Shakira dressed like a man so she could go to university.

The 32-year-old singer took a break from making music and enrolled on a history course after releasing 2006 album 'Oral Fixation Vol. 2' in 2006 because she wanted to step out of the public spotlight for a while.
During her time as a student at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles), the Columbian-born beauty dressed in disguise and changed her name to prevent people finding out her true identity.

She told The Guardian newspaper: "I needed a break from me. The universe is so broad, I cannot be at the centre of it. So I decided to go to the university and study history for a summer course, just to kind of switch gears, taste the student life.
"I used to wear a cap and a big backpack, I looked like a boy. I didn't get recognised. Some people looked at me very suspiciously, a few people asked me, but I told them my name was Isabelle.

"I would go to university over and over again if I could."
Shakira - who has an estimated fortune of £26 million after selling over 50 million albums worldwide - has also revealed she can't understand why she still loves making music after so many years.

The 'She Wolf' star explained: "I should care less. It has been 20 years, but I still care about my career. I care about the music. I'm not normal."

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.