Alexandra Burke plans second Haiti visit

lexandra Burke has confirmed that she plans to make a return trip to Haiti later this year.

The X Factor winner visited the Caribbean country in February after it suffered an earthquake disaster which killed more than 200,000 people. She did so in a bid to raise awareness of the troubles faced by the nation.

Speaking on GMTV today, Burke revealed: "I have every intention of going back nearer autumn to see how everything's going out there."

She continued: "Don't get me wrong, I don't have any family in Haiti whatsoever, but what hurt me the most was that there was people suffering.

"For me, I wanted to start somewhere and when I heard about the news in Haiti, it literally hurt me so much to the point where I was like, 'I have to go out there'. I begged my label to go out there and thankfully they let me. It was a real eye-opening experience and I will do everything I can to help."

Burke also took part in Simon Cowell's Haiti charity single earlier this year.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.