'My Name Is Khan' wins award in LA

Karan Johar has accepted an award for his record-breaking film My Name Is Khan.

The director received the Muslim 'Public Affairs Council' award (MPAC) at the 19th Annual Voices of Courage and Conscience Media Awards in LA.

"It's a matter of great pride not just because Khan has received its first award, but also because it has come from such a special organisation," Mid Day quotes Johar as saying.

"It's heartening to receive such an honour, especially because the film resonated a common sentiment across age, sex and religion.

"I have had so many people come up to me and say how various scenes and images in the film have made them draw parallels with their own life. I think it's a moment of pride for Shah Rukh [Khan] and me."

My Name Is Khan, which stars Khan and Kajol, will be screened at the prestigious New York art cinema The Angelika.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.