Kylie 'wanted cancer songs on album'

Kylie Minogue has admitted that she wishes her songs about breast cancer had been included on her recent album Aphrodite.

Speaking to X magazine, the singer revealed that 'No More Rain' and 'Stars' on her previous album X were about her experience fighting the disease.

Minogue said: "There were other songs that were way more personal, and I did sing those on tour. They were called 'Ruffle My Feathers' and 'Flower'."

Asked why these songs did not feature on her latest release, she explained: "You know, hindsight can be a terrible thing. I look back now and I wish I had pushed for those songs to make it on.

"The songs are chosen between myself and my record company - and it was terrifying for all of us. So whether they weren't good enough or whether they were too close to the bone...

"I still don't know why they weren't on there. Perhaps it was something my record company weren't comfortable with. But I know that I wrote them."

Minogue added: "For me it was really cathartic to get in the studio and at least write about that stuff. I got back into that album literally as soon as I wasn't on a schedule for treatment.

"But I hadn't processed how to publicly express myself at that time. My fans know I've expressed myself that way."

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.