Natalie Portman dislocated rib on 'Black Swan' set

Actress Natalie Portman has revealed that she dislocated a rib on the set of her new movie, 'Black Swan,' and that producers didn't have an on-site medic.

The 29-year-old actress, who plays a ballerina in the Darren Aronofsky film, spent up to eight hours a day in dance training to make her portrayal believable.

"I injured a rib, I like dislocated a rib, it sort of went under another one, when you get lifted it just sort of went under. When I got injured I called the producer, I was like 'could you get the medic? I need an ice pack or something right now,'' and he was like, 'Oh, we don't have a medic because it''s super low budget'," the Sun quoted her as telling David Letterman.

"I have been working for like twenty years, I don''t even think that''s legal. I was like before you take away a medic, take away my trailer and the next day I didn''t have a trailer, I swear to God!" she added.

Natalie also informed she lost a fair bit of weight for the role.

'The Darjeeling Limited' star said, "I think I lost like 20 pounds, I mean I''m 5ft 3in so it was pretty extreme."

"I mean I am back at my healthy weight now, I like eating so I waited until the very end to do the diet part," she concluded.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.