Singing legend Lata unveils 2011 calendar

Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar today unveiled ''Tera Sur Aur Mera Geet'' calendar for 2011.

The calendar contains dazzling photos of Mangeshkar and 24 music directors she has worked with in her illustrious career.

The music directors- both old and new- share 15 days each oF every month. The list includes Ghulam Haider, Khemchand Prakash, Shyam undar, R D Burman, Laxmikant Pyarelal, Dr Bhupen Hazarika to A R Rahman among others.

Speaking at the release here today, Mangeshkar said a lot of thought had gone into the making of the calendar. Rare photographs were searched for and collected in an effort to present the maximum number of music directors she has worked with.

''I have worked with 115 music directors, so it was impossible to include all of them. The music of the olden times was good, and music hasn't changed, but the films have. I remember that Ghulam Haider and Khemchand Prakash, who I started my career with had told me that one day, I'd become so famous that I'll remember them,'' she reminisced.

She said she had no aims or ambitions for the new year.

''I have never had hopes and desires. God has always given me more than I could ever imagine,'' she said.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.