Kate Winslet struggled with 'tough' break-up scenes in 'Mildred Pierce'

Kate Winslet has revealed that she struggled to portray the breakdown of a relationship in new TV mini-series 'Mildred Pierce', because the scenes reminded her of splitting from husband Sam Mendes.

The 'Titanic' star announced the end of her seven-year marriage to the 'American Beauty' director last year (10).

"It was tough. There were moments like that one where I was using things from my own life in my performance," the Daily Express quoted Kate as saying.

"There were days when I'd almost feel comatose."
But the actress found a delicious distraction during filming in the form of male model Louis Dowler, whom she dated for eight months.

In 'Mildred Pierce', a remake of the 1945 Joan Crawford film, Winslet plays an American in the Thirties who refuses to be a victim of the economic downturn and works hard to make something of herself.

"I connected with Mildred. I share her survival instinct. My parents didn't have any money. I know what it's like to work hard to get by and make something of yourself," she said.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.