Sushmita Sen slams 'no pregnancy' clause movie contracts

Sushmita Sen has dismissed talk of a "no pregnancy" clause in Bollywood film contracts after the fall-out over Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Heroine.

Heroine was halted because of concerns that Rai Bachchan's pregnancy would make certain scenes in the "dark" film too difficult to shoot.

The decision has reportedly inspired industry figures to discuss introducing clauses in contracts demanding that actresses do not fall pregnant while filming.

Sen told Mid Day: "I would show the producer the door if he gets a clause like that.

"If anyone would tell me that this a time span when you cannot get pregnant, I wouldn't tolerate that."

Sen added: "If you do not believe that I am professional, don't sign me, and if you believe that I'm a professional, don't question my professional integrity and tell me about my personal life."

The 35-year old also congratulated Rai Bachchan and her husband, fellow actor Abhishek Bachchan, on the pregnancy, which was announced on Twitter by the star's father in law Amitabh.

Sen admitted last year that she wanted to give birth herself after adopting two children but had yet to meet the perfect man.

The former Miss Universe adopted a three-month old baby girl in 2009, nine years after adopting her first daughter.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.