Red Alert not my greatest role

Sameera Reddy has claimed that she has performed better in other roles than she did in Red Alert: The War Within.

The actress, who plays a rape victim in the movie, said that even though it wasn't the biggest role of her career she still learnt a lot from the part.

"It is not one of [my] best performances because I still feel that Buddhdeb Dasgupta's Kaalpurush is my best role [to] date as an actress," Reddy told Real Bollywood.

"However, [when] all said and done, I want to keep on learning every day as an actress. To get into the skin of my character, I had to do a lot of research. Ananth Mahadevan (Co-director) made me read a few books including Red Sun: Travels In A Naxalite Country written by Sudeep Chakraborty.

"I also made it a point to watch a few documentaries on the Naxalite movement, like Running Out of Time directed by Abhijay Karlekar. I was amazed by what I saw. It was disturbing to know that a whole lot of adivasis were displaced from Jharkhand when coal and steel industries came up."

No comments:

Disclaimer

Hottest Celebrity Gossip acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please e-mail at taheena@gmail.com and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.